Now you’ll all know what happened last year…..
I was already preparing a detailed 2008 review to publish it here when Poonam had tagged me for this meme. This tag would, perhaps, be a prelude to whatever I am going to write in my next post. And for the same reason, I had to deliberately omit a couple of questions from the original meme to avoid repetitions. I am not tagging anyone in specific, but it would be great if some of you could take it up yourself .
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Spent a lot of time with myself !
2. Did you keep up your 2008 resolutions, and will you make more for 2009?
I had taken 3 resolutions –
Avoid aerated drinks for a year.
Purchase a plot / apartment.
Reduce my anger.
And I could keep up only the first one. The rest are carried forward to this year along with the resolution of attending a music class.
3. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Peace of mind.
4. Did anyone close to you give birth?
It was raining babies in 2008. LOL.
My brother was blessed with a baby girl and so was my best friend Anitha.
To name a few of my other friends who had kids – Mathew, Sudha, Madhu, Mithun.
5. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
Feb 9th ; When I met my God – A.R.Rahman.
7. What was your biggest failure?
In being misunderstood by my family and the closest of friends.
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A ligament tear in April and a conjunctivitis that left my cornea damaged during Sep – Oct.
9. What was the best thing you bought?
My Provogue floaters !
10. Where did most of your money go?
As usual, to Airtel !!!
12.What do you wish you’d done more of?
Take care of my health.
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Going out of the way to help others !
14. How would you sum up your 2008 in one word?
15. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
My forefathers !
16. What was the best book you read?
LG TV Manual (Whaat ?? that was in the form of a book!!)
17. What was your favorite TV program?
Raagamalika (this was expected, wasn’t it?)
18. What was your greatest musical discovery?
If practiced well, I could render a semi classical song too.
19. What was your favorite film of this year?
A Wednesday (Hindi)
KungFu Panda (English)
20. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you ?
The first time when I turned 27 (lol!), I was at work and no one even knew about it.
21. What kept you sane?
Blogging and Music
22. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
23. Whom did you miss?
24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
When you are in deep shit, zip your mouth !
Never get yourself involved in a lot of activities at the same time.
Prioritize the people in your life before they end up sitting on your head and start counting fleas !